Sunday, October 18, 2009

Eating Horse Meat

I believe that eating horse meat is okay. Don't get me wrong, I love horses, I have one named Ruby. The main few cultures who eat horse meat are France, Japan and Belgium. Canada is a cultural mosaic and has many people from these countries, who want horsemeat. Some people are extremely against eating horse, but it makes sense, because our culture has used these animals mainly as pets for so long. But there are 490 000 horses in Canada! I believe that as long as they are cared for properly and killed quickly and humanely, it should be okay. As long as it's done properly, it's okay.

Horse meat is very nutritious. It has less fat and calories and more calcium than beef, even lean beef. For more on the nutrition of horsemeat go to www.pferd-und-fleisch.de/Horsemeat/index.htm

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I've never heard of eating Horse Meat. I'll have to inform my husband on this, he would actually probably consider it, lol.

    ReplyDelete